I woke up way earlier last Wednesday to finish up a project and get on the road. It was a pleasant drive, but the best part was Jeni wasn't expecting me until later that day. I arrived in the early morning. In fact, Jen and Mel were still asleep when I arrived. I got to surprise them! We had a great 5 days playing games (I played Risk for the first time ever....I would not make a good country stealer.) We played lots of Nert and ate lots of pie. We played football before Thanksgiving dinner and watched movies until wee hours of the morning. It has been so long since I have played this hard for so long. It was wonderful! I even got to ride Chester, Harrison's horse. He certainly didn't want to be out of his stall, let alone someone riding on his back. I can't blame him, I wouldn't want to run the day after Thanksgiving either. :) We attended a session in the Manti Temple early Saturday morning and went to church Sunday. I even got to spend time making cards, which I haven't done for a long time. I also had a quote book that had bleach spilled on it, so I needed to transfer all my quotes to a new book. That took some time-It was a badly needed break that flew by! I loved every minute of it. Thanks, Harrison Family, for letting me make such great memories with you!
I arrived back home Sunday evening just in time to change my clothes and drive up to President and Sister Cowley's home in Murray for a fireside held for those who served in the West Virginia Charleston Mission. It was good to see a couple missionaries that I knew there. Most people who came served after I returned home, so I got to meet new people. It was fun. The best part of the day was coming home and going to bed at 9:15 pm and sleeping until 6:15 am. It was glorious!!!
1 comment:
Wow! Could you possibly have packed any more into your break?!! You made me smile thinking about you surprising Jen and Mel, eating pie and playing games with that wonderful family. And you even rode a horse?!! Hope someone took pics of you doing that! Glad you had such a fun and relaxing holiday. You deserve it. Love you!!
Post a Comment