The one experience I was more than happy to skip was using what we endearingly call the squatty potty. I would intentionally wait until I had a choice of a "western" toilet or a "sit" toilet before going to use the facilities. The McD's trip to use the bathroom proved to give a literal meaning to the name "restroom" as I was waiting to use the sit potty and heard a woman snoring from the other side of the door. I ended up using my less than favored squatty friend.
One of the most fascinating things during my brief stay in China was looking at things that were seemingly similar to the USA. For example, we have signs everywhere to help us get where we need to go, to deliberate information etc. The catch was most of the time in China, they put the sign up, but there was a glitch between the very literal English sign and actual meaning. I came to realize many of the signs were nothing more than mere entertainment for me!
1 comment:
I love how there's a demonstration on where to put your feet on the squatty sign. lol!!
Post a Comment