Saturday, April 25, 2009
Epiphorific moments in life
Yes, I think I made up a word. It fits quite nicely for the epiphonies I've had this week. First off, I went baby clothes shopping for baby showers today. That was different. I'd never done that before. I guess that's what you do when you grow up. Second thing, I realized I feel a lot better and am able to get more done the earlier I get up Saturday morning. The earlier I get up, the less I need to deal with the rest of the world when they get up because I've already done my list of "have to's for Saturday". Third thing, the working world does things during rush hour, that's why it's rush hour. This may seem like a normal concept, but I was able to avoid anything of the sort when I had a job that required me to work strange hours and I was in school for most of it. Now I see why Saturday is a special day-it is the day we get ready for Sunday....and the preparing for the coming week and doing things that didn't get done during the previous week. Poor Saturday, over worked and under paid. Someone needs to cut him some slack. The silly thing about the weather lately is that it has been sunny during the day when we are working and are inside the building nearly all day. Then the weekend comes and it rains all weekend. Who put that order in? Lastly, I watched a movie tonight that was over 2 hours long. Half way through I realized it felt like it had been going forever and it was time for it to end. It wasn't a boring movie at all, I just realized I wanted to do other things with my valuable time like sleep or something else. The growing up experiences just keep coming! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
First of all, your dad is going to have a 'dad-moment' when he reads about your epiphorific moment about actually getting up on Saturday. ,) Secondly, I love ALL your epiphinical moments. (And we can add that word to all your xin de shengci {new vocabulary}). Thirdly, I agree that poor Saturday needs to catch a break. Can you imagine the pressure? Need to provide enough time to do all the relaxing things everyone wants to do, provide all the time to catch up on housework, yardwork, shopping, etc. AND good weather to do it in. No wonder he sometimes crumbles under the pressure and cries rain! And last, I think you're growing up nicely. I'm so proud. *blush*
Post a Comment