Friday, July 10, 2009

June 12, 2009 :: Zion National Park ::

Angel's Landing is the hardest hike at Zion National Park. It is a total of 2.5 miles up to the top. Seems simple, but there is an increase of 1500 feet in that 2.5 miles. The last half mile is nothing but rock and sheer drop offs on either side. Chains have been put in place to help you climb up the mountain. I love it!!

I drove down to Aurora to meet up with Jen and a few friends from her ward to go hike Angel's Landing in Zion National Park. These pictures are a little out of order. This was taken from the top. We listened to music while we ate our sandwiches before climbing back down.
This was part of our group.
A little furry friend we found on our way up the mountain. I'm not sure if he was awake for his photo shoot or not!
See where the trees are on top of that mountain? That's where we were heading. It was pretty intense. If it was safe to take pictures of the chains I had to hang on to get up the mountain, I would, but it wasn't. :)
The sign at the base of the scariest part of the hike. Can you tell Jen was nervous?
We sat down part way through the incline. She hung on for dear life!
We made it!!

Now on to the next adventure... fly to Virginia!

2 comments:

Tami said...

SO CUTE of you and Jenikins! Wow, gorgeous place on earth. Would love to have you show us that place too. Cute sign...yeah, Jeni does look a little nervous...I would be too. Chains, huh? And it's fun why?!! Loved these photos!

Tami said...

Dad says he'd like to do this when we get back. Want to be our tour guide? Then we could have one of your famous cookies at the resort as a reward for cheating death on the hike! *wink*