Monday, September 14, 2009

What is time...

During Relief Society, it is common to introduce and welcome the new sisters and visitors to the ward. This last Sunday was no different. What was different was the amount of new people and visitors that did come. It was crazy! We had people from all over the USA, and even some visitors from Australia and Canada. The strange part was to hear two people introduce themselves as new members of the ward. I recognized both of them. One was a sister from one of my wards back at BYU-Idaho in Rexburg. The other was from the ward I just moved out of in Sandy. It was an interesting experience to think about how the past can quickly become part of the present. Just because someone was once in my ward didn't mean I wouldn't see them again several years later. It reminded me that time doesn't exist for the Lord the way we see it. Past, present and future are as one. I certainly felt that was true last Sunday with my recent past, long ago past and present came colliding together.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Interesting....when things like this happen you have to be thankful you were a "good girl" when they knew you then! Fun to have friends come around again. The Lord knows that sometimes we're not through with knowing them yet so he gives us a second chance. You're right...it's a small world, especially in the church!