Wow-I was looking forward to watching a good game between the Utes and the Cougars. Josh showed up at 4:45 and we had Subway for dinner. Josh likes to get to games early to get a good seat. We were there 74 minutes early! I laughed because I had no idea he was that into it. We talked and goofed off for an hour. Then, the game started. Right from the get go, we were behind. It was evident right away BYU has a better basketball team than we do this year. We were behind by 10 or so points within the first 20 minutes of the game. It went that way for the entire game. The ending score was 51 to 71. BYU wins! I was taught that to be a real fan, you have to sit through the bad games as well as the good ones. Josh is a die hard fan! It was interesting because I felt some sort of loyalty to BYU even though I never attended the school, but my parents did. My sister went there also. I went to BYU-Idaho which has no sports so they pretty much have no school spirit. They have no reason for it. BYU people have made it clear they do not include BYU Idaho as part of them because the school changed it's name and programs while BYU has not. In fact, I have been told many times that BYU is the "original" BYU, thus better than BYU Idaho. At any rate, for awhile last night I was torn as to where my loyalty really lies. Don't tell Josh, a few times I cheered inwardly for BYU. :) I better choose my sides without arguement by football season. That's where it really matters....
The best part about the game was when it ended. Not just because the game over, but we saw Elder Richard G. Scott leaving the stadium. We got to shake his hand, and take a picture with him. He drew quite a group as they were leaving. Who knew we would see a General Authority after a basketball game? Someone asked him who he was cheering for. He said he was cheering for both. Looks like we have something in common!
23 comments:
Woohoo! BYU rocks!! (Did you give Josh my earlier message?) Give him another one....GO COUGS! (Be sure to say it in all caps, okay?)
Elder Scott spoke at Ashley's graduation, remember? What a giant of a man. The picture that you took with him...your camera I hope????
LOVE YOU! (that's in all caps, too!)
I think you need to rename your title of this post to: Pleasant Basketball Game. :D
Or how about: Pleasurable Basketball Game.
Paradisiacal Basketball Game.
Premium Basketball Game.
Prioritized Basketball Game.
Positively Precious Basketball Game. (Little too over the top, ya think?)
Proud Basketball Game. (Okay, you're right. There's no reason to get braggy. Let's just stick with the facts. BYU is the best. Josh will just have to face that fact headon. Be brave, Josh, you can do it! Just say it, over and over, a million times a day...BYU is the BEST.)
Praiseful Basketball Game.
Pleasing Basketball Game.
Peachy Basketball Game. (Oh, I think this one is the best so far. Let's take a poll...)
Preferable Basketball Game.
Prominant Basketball Game.
Priceless Basketball Game. (Ah, now we're getting somewhere...)
Prized Basketball Game.
Perfect Basketball Game. (There...can't get any better than that!)
Presidential Basketball Game. :D
Positively Primo basketball game! Presumptuous to ponder that the priesthood would pale in comparison to the prideful players also known as Utes.
The comments on this particular post particularly pleased me!
Why didn't you post the picture of Elder Scott?
I have to admit, that I want I saw the title of your blog, I thought, what game was painful? I only know of the BYU-Ute game and it was great! Speaking as a graduate of BYU and the U of U, I am proud to say that I am mostly blue...just a little bit on the blue/violet side (due to the red influence!)
As a BYU alumni, I do consider BYU-Idaho and BYU-Hawaii as part of BYU! I think you have met a few arrogant prigs (is that a bad word?)
I am proud of Josh for being a true ute Fan. I am not as loyal of a BYU fan, since I quit watching football when they lost that thrid game (to who?)
Barb
The picture of Elder Scott is on my memory card which Josh has.I will when I get the card back.
I think it's perfectly okay to be rooting for both teams! :) Ryan would shoot me for saying that though... :) Just like I assume Josh would if he knew you were rooting blue at all! :) haha
And I agree with my mom...you have met some arrogant people who say BYU-I isn't BYU...it totally is and I've never heard of or thought of them being separate! So you are totally good to be BLUE through and through! :) (and Red because it's in your nature to be a peacemaker...and you sound a lot like me...not nearly as competitive as "our men"!) Good luck with football season! :)
Love you girl! :)
Glad meeting Elder Scott made it all worth it! (That's what would've made it worth it for me too!) :)
Post a Comment