Saturday, July 10, 2010

Wingardium Leviosa!

As I think about my childhood I often think of the fun adventures we had. We had what we called Cousin's Week where our cousins from Utah would come for a week and in August we would go to their house for the week. It was a fun filled time of memories and laughter. One cousins week we started reading Harry Potter. I had a job as an Albertson's grocery bagger, thus didn't spend time with cousins much that year. I missed a lot of the story and never caught the "Harry Potter Bug". I never the read books, never got into the movies, never cared that the next book was coming out. Josh has the whole set, and loaned me the first book to read. Having it for not yet a week, I have nearly finished it. It's an interesting story. I am sure glad I didn't watch all the movies so I could create many of the scenes and creatures in my head for myself rather than having someone else tell me what the story should look like. It's creative, inventive and lets my mind be a child. With just enough knowledge from the past to say, "Oh that's what they were talking about..." mixed with "I had no idea that was in here, no one ever said anything about that..." it's been eventful putting together these pieces. It makes me want to find a robe, a wand, and say Wingardium Leviosa with more emphasis on the gar. :)

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I'm SO glad you're now getting into Harry Potter a bit. When we first read it that summer, i really wasn't into it either. I didn't get into it really until the 4th movie came out and it made me want to read the 4th book! then I was hooked and had to read the whole series! Love them! very creative and interesting! :)