Wednesday, October 29, 2008
6 Days and Planning
I signed up for a workshop several weeks ago and assumed I would be contacted to tell me whether I was going or not. This workshop is focusing on Early Literacy and I have been so excited about it! I remembered to ask my boss yesterday and he told me "Oh, yes. You are going. You need to book your flight." This trip is from November 7-11, but with travel time, I'll be gone November 6-13. Did I mention the training is in Missouri? Then I found out that afternoon, I have another training to attend November 5 so I will be gone that day also. I have just begun to see great progress in my kids as far as responding to me and making great strides academically. Now I'm going to be gone for a week, which will feel more like two because I will be there for Monday and Tuesday of one week and return for Thursday and Friday of the following. Not only do I have to plan for the next couple days, I need to plan for a weeks worth of lessons so a sub can teach them, take my kids on a field trip tomorrow to the Body Exhibit (which I'm thrilled about!!! ) Plan for Halloween on Friday for my kids (and parents for kids costumes etc) and head down to Aurora for the weekend. I found out my best friend's younger sister Melanie got her mission call today but is waiting to open it when her brother and myself are there on Saturday. She's one tough cookie. She knows her call is here and is willing to wait, put it on a shelf, and wait until Saturday morning when her whole family could be there. Anyway-so I'll be gone all weekend, be back Monday ready to head into the crazy-ness. November hasn't even started and it feels like it's half over!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now that is some will power! No way could I wait to open a mission call for that long! Be sure to let us know where she is going and give Mel my love!!
Have a great time. You deserve it!! Love you!
Post a Comment