I have had so many funny moments recently and have failed to let everyone else in on the secret. How dare I be so greedy to keep these great experiences to myself when you could have a healthy dose of a laugh, too?!
Funny Story 1:
Matthew (my match maker) comes up to me and says "Miss Christensen! Someone pulled on my arm hard and it pulled it out of the ESOPHOGUS!" I'm sure that was quite painful. Having something pulled out of the socket doesn't tickle, but pulling it out of the esophogus would be untolerable I'd think...
Funny story 2:
Kaydon is the one I listen to whenever I need to laugh. He also has absolutely no filter in his brain to tell him to be quiet or follow social cues. The other day the students needed to stay in from recess a few minutes because they couldn't transition from one subject to another without wasting time. They were all in the room with their heads on their desks waiting for the timer to buzz saying the time was up. He shot up and said "That's awkward, staying in from recess on the 1st of October." Maybe it was the way he said it, but it was hilarious!
Funny story 3:
Our school calls administration things other than principal. He is our director and he has everyone call him Dr. Pace, including the kids. This has really improved the dynamics and culture at the school among other things. There was a person that came in to help me teach a lesson yesterday in class. I introduced her as Dr. Stephanie because she has a Doctorate in education. Jen told me later right after I introduced her Kaydon turned to her and exclaimed "Hey! I didn't know Dr. Pace was married!!" Funny kid.
My kids keep me on my toes, and I sure love them! I especially love their humor that I'm sure they don't know they have!
2 comments:
So funny! The things kids say...!
Will be thinking about you this weekend as you go to conference. Be sure to take your camera and have someone snap a shot of you and Jeni there together, k? I'd really love to see Temple Square too. Do you think you'll have time to go there?
That is sooo funny! I loved reading these because we don't get to be around enough kids to make us laugh! :) Your kids are a handful I'm sure but they are adorable too! You're such a good teacher.
Post a Comment