I really enjoy reading the blogs of different people in my family. There are days I really miss them and depend on their blogs as a way to see what is going on in their lives. On the days where I know they are too busy to post, I have a wishful thought that there was something new about them posted. I realized today, they probably do the same thing with my blog-in every statement I just made. Oops- :) So, here's a little bit of what's going on for me: I am applying for jobs on line for different districts and schools in the area as well as all over the country. I had one interview so far which was a good warm up for the rest that are to come. I have one tomorrow night which I am really excited for. It's for a school in Syracuse which is west of Layton. If anyone knows where Antelope Island is here in Utah, the school is on the road that leads to the island. I am so excited it is Spring-mostly because Spring Break is involved. School is out early tomorrow for two days (whoever decided Spring break should only be two days should teach school...). I have recently become interested in biking and decided I want to start training for a half century ride for next year.
I am planning a trip to Virginia to visit families from my mission this summer. I experienced the frustration that Mom and Dad spoke of when they were arranging flights for me to come to China for Christmas. When I find a flight that works, I click to book the flight and the price changes to a much higher price. I was not okay with that! I am still trying to find a reasonable ticket...good thing I believe in miracles!
Overall, things are going well. I love the grass turning green and flowers poking up everywhere. I love the smell at night that tells me summer is around the corner! Yahoo! That means only a few more months of a lot of big things in my life: the beginning of summer, my family coming home and a few more exciting things. Summer could not be more welcome!
3 comments:
AMEN to that! Thanks for blogging already! :) I know what you mean about spring and the sights and smells of seasons changing. We will be putting along on our bikes and catch the tiniest whiff of something that isn't over ripe vegetables or air pollution and we'll go back to try to smell it again. Love the smell of earth, new life on the trees and bushes. Oh! This makes me want to go for a bike ride. Instead of taking a taxi to my zhongwen laoshi de jia (chinese teacher's house), I think I'll see how long it takes me to bike it. So excited for you to be doing bike-athons...what are they called again? Sounds really fun and so healthy. Love that there's something that you can do both at the same time! Love you! Thanks for the update into the life and times of Aimee!! Ai ni!
Wow, it sounds like you are in spring busy mode. Good luck with the job interviews- they'll be lucky to get you! If you need a partner to ride the 50 miler, let me know, I would love to. I couldn't call it a "1/2 century ride" because that cuts a little close to home, if you get what I mean. Keep loving the sights, sounds, and aroma of spring! Love ya, Connie
I'm so excited to hear all about your awesome interviews and stuff! Glad that you're loving your new car and that it's finally springtime! It's nearly there here too, at least we shouldn't have to bury the Easter Eggs in the snow this year...maybe we will. Fingers crossed!
Love you, thanks for calling the other night, it was fun to chat!!
Post a Comment