I have been applying for many jobs all over the country (and world for that matter) in education. I have had several interviews with many schools. It has been an interesting time looking for a job. I found a charter school in Draper that I really like. It has a curriculum, books, resources,
and desks. You may be saying these are things you find at every school. That has not been the case with the school I have been teaching for this year. In fact, the exact opposite has been true. The school wanted to see me teach. I cringed inside only because I don't feel this would be a fair assessment of my ability to teach due to the negative learning environment. However, I did know if the Lord knew I needed to be working here, He'd make things work somehow. I didn't want this principle to meet my boss due to some things I had heard occured when another teacher had an observation from the school that our boss said about her. I was a little apprehensive. The front office woman and an aid in another area made a plan to make sure things went the best they could. No one knew the plan but them. They were going to meet the principle and walk her to my room. Interestingly though, this principle doing the observation hurt her knee earlier that day and came through the side door, saw me and was relieved she didn't need to hunt for me. She sat down and watched. The office woman came and reminded me I needed to have her sign in. She walked down and did that. The principle doing the observation came back and was only there for another 20 minutes and went to sign out. The front desk woman talked extremely highly of me to this principle. I found all this out later.
I felt confident in the visit. I got home that night and had a formal position offer from this school to teach 5th grade. I accepted the position and thanked them for their consideration. Point being, I HAVE A JOB! I am so thrilled! It is here in Utah where I wanted to stay. It's still close to family. I am making the same amount I am making now, excellent insurance coverage, retirement plan and a great team to work with. I couldn't be happier! Yahoo!!
5 comments:
Congrats!!! We are so pleased that you have a new position. It sounds like you will like this school much better than the other. Way to go.
Aimee, congrats congrats congrats! So happy for you! Woohoo! Heavenly Father knew that you'd paid some major deposits this year at that school so when it came time for a withdrawl, He made sure it happened for you. So happy for you! Congrats! It sounds like the observation went smoothly and the way it needed to go. So grateful you were given that huge blessing. And so you'll be teaching at a great school (what a change for you!), with great administrators (what a change for you!) and with a normal class with normal issues (again, what a change for you!)...woohoo! Your new school and new class will be so blessed with your skills, optimism and good heart. Let's talk soon. Details, I need, details! Love you!
Congratulations! Public school teachers have a special place in heaven! I also just accepted a new job at the junior high here at Madison.... See you in heaven :)
I love fifth grade. It is the best grade to teach. I'm teaching 5th again next year. If you need any ideas or lesson plans or a shoulder to vent on, let me know.
I'm still so excited (five days after hearing it from you in person!) Congrats! I hope it will be like day is to night compared to your last school year!
Love,
Aunt Barb
Post a Comment