Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Day 1:
I applied for a job being a summer program supervisor at Rise. This is a company who support mentally and/or physically disabled children. My first day was Tuesday. I was nervous working with a program I was unfamiliar, being a supervisor which I have never been before, working with children with disabilities which I haven't done for an extended amount of time. I was told recently they were switching groups and they felt I could handle a group with harder behaviors. Grateful for the confidence, but my thought process immediately went to thinking I was inadequate for the job. I accepted the compliment and went to work. I organized activities and all sorts of things for these kids. Day 1: one child wiped lotion all over my window. Fine, windows wash, especially the outside. I had a can of soup thrown at me and lotion bottle nearly thrown out the window. The very last thing to happen was a 20 oz bottle of sugary, sticky Root Beer was shaken and sprayed all over the inside of my car. He was in the back seat and it sprayed my windshield, my door, the cup holders, the passenger door and window, my rear view mirror, the back seat door, the seat, and everything else in between. It took all I had not to cry. Now I know why Dad never wanted sugar anything in the house. I dropped off the child and went to Josh's. He helped me clean the outside while I cleaned the inside of the my car. I still haven't gotten the root beer off my visors, but for the most part I got it clean. Day 2: Today went so much better than yesterday. I didn't want to cry after work. The kids were calm and happy most of the day. It was wonderful! I did notice as I was undoing my seatbelt that it gets stuck...if you know how to get root beer out from the inside of a buckle let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The phrase "from the frying pan into the fire" comes to mind! You are one busy girl. Good luck with your child this summer. Think of all the good you'll do...and the great addition to your resume. You're the best!
Loved having you and Josh visit me (twice, even!) in my little dorm room. Was fun....thanks! And thanks for the steak leftovers. Yum!
(PS. Really love the look of your blog. It's adorable!)
Post a Comment