
My doings the past few weeks are as follows: I have been working every day with special needs kids during a summer program, training for a triathlon sprint, completed my first half marathon with Ashley and Dad, went to Lagoon with Josh, eaten sushi with Josh, watched Toy Story 3 with Josh, played ping pong with Josh, went to the shooting range with Josh, watched Young Victoria with Chris (Josh's Mom), watched Josh's sister get her bridal pics taken, watering my little garden and enjoying the summer. I will write about the half marathon a little later. I wanted to tell you about the trip to Lagoon. First off, I was looking forward to that day for weeks. We got in with a coupon because it was my stake's activity. I only saw 2 people from my ward and I don't know if I saw anyone else from my stake. Anyway, got there at 11 am and stayed until 9:45 that night. We rode roller coaster after roller coaster, rode rides that spun, dropped, whipped, jumped, rolled, jostled, tossed, sprayed, and hung. One of the my favorite parts of the day was when we decided to ride Rollersnake Rapids at the end of the day. This was a day close to the beginning of the summer, so it wasn't very warm at night yet. We rode those rapids 8 times in a row. That didn't count the few times we rode it during the day. Not anticipating getting wet, I wore jeans. Big mistake. I was cold, and stiff, but was having so much fun I didn't mind it at all! Some of the trips down the rapids we tried to not get wet. Then sometimes we tried to see who got could get splashed the most. We laughed so hard! Most of the time we were able to get a boat all to ourselves, but a couple times we had company, poor souls. It was such a fun day filled with awesome rides, great company and uplifting conversation...you should ask Josh what nickname he gave me that day. :)
1 comment:
Well, if you insist...what nickname did Josh give you that day? Sounds like you are having a wonderful summer!
Post a Comment