Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Enrichment
I went to enrichment tonight and it was so amazing! We had a speaker come who is a personal trainer/physical something or another. He didn't talk about healthy eating at all like I thought he would. His whole focus is on the muscles and how to use stretching and strengthening to get over all better health. He taught us correct posture, exercises to do to strengthen the core muscles, showed us what is actually happening when we do some of the well known exercises that are actually hindering rather than helping. He is a very hard doctor to get into and for him to come share what he knows and is passionate about was truly a blessing to me. I learned how to strengthen the muscles that caused my arm trouble that cost me a lot of money and put me in a lot of pain awhile back. I learned how much our bodies are meant to be worked. It's interesting most injuries come when the body is forced to go into a position it is not meant to be in, or to be used when it hasn't been used in a long time. That seems like "no brainer" information, but when I thought about those principles while listening to him talk, the pieces came together. For starters, good posture makes all the difference. Don't wear high heels or flip flops. I'm excited to learn more about the muscles and how they work together in my own studies. Knowledge is power, but knowledge applied is a precursor for miracles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Knowledge is power, but knowledge applied is a precursor for miracles." Wow, that's good.
I'd really like to learn more about what you learned. I know what you mean about how our bodies are meant to function properly and if we give them the slightest hint of help, it responds gladly. Sounds like you had a good Enrichment!
Post a Comment