Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Miss C's Alien Necklace
I promised the kids I'd where my favorite color today. When I got up, I pulled on a green button up shirt and brown slacks. Mom and Dad have given me all sorts of beautiful jewelry and I love to choose what to where every day. Since I was on the hunt to wear green, I chose a cute pair of earrings that were green flowers. Then I chose a green necklace with unique beads on them. When I got to school, the first thing they notice was my green attire. They voiced how I was wearing my alien necklace. The beads could resemble some sort of alien when you use your imagination. It's quite fitting seeing the design on my walls. Crazy part was when I told an adult this later that day she looked at it and said "Oh, it really isn't aliens! I thought it was a necklace with small martians all over them." Now my legacy of planet walls has progressed to match my attire, apparently. At the end of the day, one little girl in my class asked me to wear that necklace again tomorrow, (It caught their attention, maybe I will!) She wants me to wear it so she can teach me how to talk alien. She's going to bring in the language tomorrow. Holding back a laugh, I said I'd try to remember to wear the necklace and I'd love to learn alien. I'm always excited to learn something new! I hope alien is a little easier than chinese. My family may agree it's one in the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would never have guessed that learning alien would be part of your education! ha
Sounds like you're developing a great relationship with your students. What a different experience they are having compared to last year! What lucky kids!!
I went to the Junketeria yesterday and bought some more things to play the jewelry game!! (You're going to LOVE it...I did so much that I bought 4 exactly alike so we all could have one!) Can't wait!
Miss you! Love you! Keep up the good work teaching...blogging...living!
This is Dad...
HI Aimee. It is so good to hear you are enjoying your students and the experience of teaching. We are so proud of you. It sounds like your students hold you in high regard. They notice even the smallest details. You have such a neat opportunity to teach these kids.
Chinese must be harder than alien to learn! When I say something people look at me like i am an alien.
Love you. Dad
Post a Comment