Friday, September 12, 2008
TGIF!
You know those weeks when Friday comes and you wonder if it really was only seven days and not seventy? That was this week. It was a week which no word truly describes. Monday rolls around after a busy weekend and I feel somewhat ready. After Monday is over, I spend way to long at the school preparing for the following days lessons. Tuesday hits and it feels like molasses dripping from a frozen spoon. I found desks on a public surplus website for way cheap. I wanted desks and I was told they would be $1500 for a class set. I got them for less than one hundred dollars. I went to pick them up Tuesday morning with Karen, my aide. I got up at 5:20 to pick them up at 7:00 am. The desks need some TLC and cleaning before use. We spent hour scrubbing those desks. (Karen did WAY more than I did) I was at the school way too late. Wednesday is here. We had a primary crew which is an assembly of the all the students in 1-3 grade. This was a challenge. I had to remove several of my students for inappropriate actions during this crew. This meant I missed a good portion of it because I was sitting in the class with these students. Thursday comes. I have 2 evaluations in one day (WHO IN THE WORLD SCHEDULES TWO EVALS IN ONE DAY FOR A NEW TEACHER?) not to mention the eval this morning. Three in one week. Yuck. I appreciate the feedback, but I could do without the added stress. During the evaluation, I was trying to keep one chronic wondarer in her seat while my aide kept another couple kids seperated. My director (or principal) was observing me that day and I hear him loudly say to a student to "SIT DOWN AND KNOCK IT OFF" This kid did just that. After that day was over, I had my mentor in giving me suggestions how to make the class better. This eval was only supposed to be 20 minutes. He was there over an hour. The second eval never came. Thursday comes and ends and I left the school at 6pm. I don't remember the last time I left school that early. I watched Pride and Prejudice that night. Friday comes. I have a meeting with a parent-very draining. Cleaned desks after setting up an appointment to finish my passport application. I get a call from a friend in the ward who invited me to go to a movie. I gladly accepted. Thank heavens it's Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow! What a crazy week it was for you! You deserve a massage! I sure hope you had a good weekend and got to relax after all that!
Post a Comment