There was one particularly rough day where the kids were wild and not too mindful. I was having them clean out their desks and one my students was across the other side of the room. I asked him to return to his seat 4 or 5 times. When he did go to the correct side of the room, he was balancing on his head and messing around. Right as I see him doing this, I go to help him to remember that is not how any second grader is to act, especially in my room! Right then, he fell and landed on his face. He got a bloody nose. I felt absolutely no empathy for him. I grabbed some kleenex, took him into the hall to have a chat. We went through the routine. Was that what we were supposed to be doing. No. What happened? I was messing around. Was that what I asked you to do? No. What happened? I fell and hurt my nose. Next time what are you going to do? His response makes me laugh now, at the time it certainly didn't. He said "Next time, I'll bring a helmet."
Not quite the answer I was looking for...
3 comments:
Oh my heck too funny! That is awesome. Moral of the story? Don't clean out your desk. Love it!
lol! Welcome to Motherhood! What a character he must be!
Love you!
kids say the darndest things! Oh, this makes me too excited for the joys of teaching! YAY! Miss you lots Miss Christensen!
Post a Comment