Sunday, March 29, 2009

Great Weekend

This weekend was quite a good one. I took some time on Friday and watched part of a movie at a friend's house, was sleepy by 9:00 and fell asleep on her couch. I drove home and was in bed by 10;30. The next morning, I wrote my list of everything I was going to do. I applied for 9 jobs, went on a bike ride, did laundry, ate lunch with an old friend of mine, went back home and seriously cleaned the back porch, cleaned the garage, washed my car (by hand I might add), went to the Temple and watched a movie with another friend that night. It was a beautiful day! I was outside for most of it enjoying the sunshine. It was a good thing I did because I woke up to snow coming down. It didn't even look like I was able to do all that I did yesterday outside by how much snow is on the ground. Seriously, when is Spring coming?

This morning I got a phone call from a friend from one of the wards I served in when I was a missionary in Virginia. I prayed so hard and so long for the members to get a branch in Floyd, VA. These members travel quite a distance to get to church every Sunday. When I was there, the bishop said the branch would be formed not too far in the future. That was over three years ago. I got a call this morning and found out they are forming a branch in Floyd! It is announced today and it will be officially organized on Easter Sunday. They will announce the branch president, and all the other callings at that time and announce where the building is where the branch will be meeting. This is such a miracle and a sweet victory for those members! I am so excited for them! It strengthened my testimony to see this happening that prayers are answered but not on our time table. It is the Lord's work and we don't see the whole picture, God does. I am so excited!!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

That is so exciting they are opening a branch there! yay! I'm sure that phone call was just awesome!

Glad you had such a good weekend! Love you!

PS My dad mentioned you got a new car ... and it's like ours but red?! Do you love it? We love ours!

Katrina said...

I just went through and read your last few posts and found PICTURES of your car!! haha (sorry...I'm behind on blogging!) :) Glad you found a perfect name for it! I like it in red! :)

Tami said...

I'm so glad you had a good weekend. No more all nighters and sacrificing for school and kids...you need some YOU time. It looks like your finding a great balance between what you have to do and what you like to do. Thanks for sharing!

Tami said...

PS. How wonderful for them to get a branch in Floyd. We love and rely on our branch family here so much. It's the highlight of the week to go the church so we can sing and pray together with those we love. What a blessing that branch will be for them!

So excited to hear all about your weekend with Ash and Donny!! Glad you've got a new car that is reliable...and pretty!