Monday, March 9, 2009

A Moment of Silence...


A very important influence in my life died yesterday. I was on my way back from southern Utah visiting friends when all of a sudden my car (Burt) would not go. I would push on the gas, but it would not propel the car forward. After calling a friend, an uncle, and Geico, I got my car towed to a dealership and a ride back to my side of town. Uncle Craig loaned me a car for the next couple days while I work this problem out. I called the dealership this morning and heard the bad news. It's the transmission. Sadly to say, Burt is dead and I am not trying to resurrect him. To his credit, he lived a long life, with many miles and great sights. He took me from Rexburg to Boise many times, got me down to Vegas and back. Not to mention how many times I moved locations packing completely everything in Burt. He was a good car and now need to find another who will continue on the journey with me. (This time, I am finding a compact car and it's going to be a girl!)

3 comments:

Marshall Mayhem said...

So sorry to hear about Burt! Hopefully you will find a nice fun car. Hope the rest of the week goes lots better!

Tami said...

May Burt rest in peace. It was good while it lasted. Good luck in your search for a new companion! :)

Just Only Me said...

I loved Burt, but it was just as well. You know what I think of the "Outdoorsie" type. ha
Love you, hope school is going okay these days...Spring Break is nearly here!