Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

I read Stephanie Meyer's new book, "The Host" which was quite interesting. Stephanie Meyer has a way of writing from the underdog's perspective that it puts into question what we have always considered as fact. For example, vampires are not deadly as we thought, aliens are not as guilty as we imagined, and lastly, I would never read a science fiction book. She has an interesting way of showing the other party's point of view in such a way that one almost starts considering it as a possible solution, even if there aren't really any aliens. My question is how did she write a whole new 600+ page novel in the right before the last book of the Twilight series is to come out and how does she come up with this stuff?

1 comment:

Ashley Lloyd said...

YEAH!!!! :) Sooooo good! Did you hike the Y this morning? It was a good thing I didn't plan to go with you, I felt so sick last night (before you called) and then this morning I still didn't feel that great.
Such a good book though, huh? Donny and I went and took our season pass pictures...so now I'm all RET TO GO!