Sunday, June 22, 2008
Honey, dinner is ready!
This morning I wanted to make scrambled eggs for breakfast. I put the pan on the stove with a little oil and waited for it to heat up. While I waited, I cut up onions and got out the eggs. I noticed where I had poured the oil started to turn black. I quickly moved the pan from the burner. When I did so, the pan ignited into 2-3 foot flames. I was so taken aback I didn't react well. All I said was-we have flames, we have flames! My roommates came from the other room. One poured baking soda and the other found a pan to put on top of the flames. Kristen, one of my roommates, said "Dinner's ready!" The other suggested doing cold cereal for breakfast. I've graduated from flames in the microwave to flames on the stove. Not a good progression...hopefully whoever I marry will have great fire insurance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So funny! I can just see this happening in your little kitchen! If that was my kitchen the whole thing would have been on fire if there were three foot flames since it's tiny! :) I'm glad you're safe though!
Oh my heck, yes you'd better have fire insurance; and maybe you'd better marry a fireman just to be safe! That's funny. If you were on Iron Chef they would have done an 'instant replay'on you!
Post a Comment