Thursday, June 19, 2008

::Strawberry Days Rodeo::

I've never been to a rodeo before and I loved every minute of it! Ashley and Donny got there before my group did. We met up and found a whole bleacher almost to ourselves at first. Since my group consisted of almost 20 people, we found this a big blessing. The strawberries and cream are absolutely worth the wait. No wonder why people eat up to 6 cups of them. I don't know if it was the recipe or purely the atmosphere, but they were incredible! Then, there was the Mutton Buston (I think that's what it's called). It was so cute to watch these little kids ride these huge sheep into the arena. I loved watching the bear back bucking horses, the cattle tie race, bucking horses in with saddles, women riding horses for the barrel race, and of course, bull riding. There was half time entertainment of dirt bikers on jumps. They were more risky than I would have ever been! It was so fun to be there with my roommates and other ward members and friends, but mostly because I was able to be there with Donny and Ashley. Ashley found a perfect hat for me. She said she knew I wouldn't want a major country hat, and she found one that absolutely perfect! I don't wear hats too often because I don't find many that fit the way I like. She found the perfect one! I loved the rodeo! I want to go to another one soon! One recent discovery, I do have country in me. :)

2 comments:

Tami said...

So there's a little country in my girl, huh? Well, slap my face and call me cornpoke! Ah declare!!

Sounds like you had a great time and ate a few strawberries too. Doesn't get too much better than that!!

See you soooooooooooon!! love you

Ashley Lloyd said...

I LOVED that rodeo. I've already been looking up more Utah rodeos. The strawberries & cream make it all the better...I have to admit that I ate 4!