Friday, June 13, 2008

On the Hunt

I've been looking for apartments, which as anyone who has ever done this knows, it can be somewhat frustrating. I seem to come across the ones who are looking for a female roommate, and then later on say they are male. Not exactly the living conditions I want. Or the renter and their partner are looking for a male or female roommate, but they must be gay or lesbian friendly. That's not what I'm looking for either. Last night I spent a long time looking at rooms and came across one which I might have been interested. I emailed a few questions and got a reply. I was slightly confused because all the message said was "Could you please respond to this girl. Ask her if she's working for my mom." First of all, completely confused at who this guy was, why he was asking me to respond to someone I didn't know. Who was "this girl" and why was I needing to respond? and so forth. Finally, I understood what he had done. Rather than emailing his wife, he replied to me. When I understood that, I wondered why he wanted his wife to ask me details and not himself. Why would it have been a bad thing if I was working for his mom? Why couldn't he ask himself? Why did he confuse me with his wife? Rather than figure all that out, I crossed the apartment off my list. It wasn't the top of my list anyway...

I did come across another room I am very interested in. The girl is a BYU-Idaho graduate and living in a house, renting one of the rooms out for 300/month which includes utilities. The house is in Sandy, which is clean and a good part of town. She's looking for someone who is active LDS and sounds really nice. I am meeting her and seeing the house on Sunday night. The other interesting detail is it will be as if I am living in my own house part of the time as she is busy with job and school. For 300 month, nothing can beat that!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Oooh, what an adventure house hunting is ending up being for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the one you're going to look at is a good possibility. Hope it works out soon so you can think about other things...

Thanks for your help with Aaron and getting him where he needs to be next weekend. Be sure to be clear with Julie about what your intensions are, okay? Thanks for all you do!! Can't wait to see you in little over a week!! :)