Sunday, September 14, 2008
Stake Conference
I had Stake Conference today. The whole conference, including the adult session last night, was focused on service. This is one of my favorite topics to talk about and do. We talked about a lot of different scriptures stating service as being a commandment from God, the benefits of service and what is really considered service. I really enjoyed it. It caused great self reflection of how I was fulfilling my promise to serve God with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I committed to be more engaged in serving this week with specific examples of what I could do for people to make their loads lighter. It's a funny thing, whenever we think we are making someone else's load lighter we always make our own lighter also. At least it seems that way because we focus on someone else and see how we would much rather take our own life and challenges than someone else's. Interesting. I also read the Ensign article by President Eyring titled "Be One". This topic went hand in hand with the my reflections on growing closer to my Heavenly Father through service. Even though the topic didn't directly discuss service, naturally my mind went that direction since I'd been pondering it today. This article was great and I encourage all to read it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great reminder. Thanks. Service is something you do really well, without even thinking about it, so I wonder how you can improve upon that when you ARE thinking about it?! Way to go. Thanks for your example!
Love you soooooooo much!!
Sorry we are often disconnected when we talk on the phone. Glad we get to talk, I'm okay with no ever saying goodbye! :D
I missed a hectic and exciting week last week, didn't I? Awesome message you shared from your Stake Conference. Thanks for sharing! Love you.
Post a Comment